A hard reset (factory reset) on a Xiaomi cellphone is useful for solving problems such as a slow cellphone, unresponsiveness and forgetting the lock pattern.
For those of you who are new to Android, don’t worry because Xiaomi has provided a very easy hard reset procedure.
There are 2 ways provided by Xiaomi to restore the cellphone to factory settings, namely through Settings and through Recovery Mode. These two methods have their respective uses that you need to pay attention to.
So, to find out which method is right for you, let’s read this article to the end.
Overview of Hard Reset
Before starting this tutorial, it’s a good idea to know what a hard reset is and whether a hard reset is the same as a format.
In short, a hard reset is resetting the condition of the cellphone to its original state the same as when you just bought it (like a new cellphone). So, all data on your cellphone such as applications, photos, videos and contacts will be deleted (format).
For this reason, a hard reset is also known as a factory reset.
There are several things you need to make sure before doing a hard reset. First, make sure you have backed up all important data on your cellphone.
Second, make sure the battery on your cellphone is at least 50%. But to be safer, for example, just in case the battery leaks, you should do a hard reset while charging your cellphone.
Why is the condition of the battery so important to be sure? this is to prevent the cellphone from turning off when the hard reset process has not been completed because it can cause a bootloop error.
Well, after you have confirmed these two things, now you can choose the available hard reset procedure.
There are 2 options that you can choose on Xiaomi brand cellphones with MIUI version 11 and above, namely hard reset through Settings and through Recovery Mode.
#1.Via Settings (Settings)
You can use the hard reset method through settings on a Xiaomi android cellphone with the MIUI operating system version 11 and above.
This method can be used as long as you can open your cellphone and access the menu. In other words, you can’t use this method to solve the problem of forgetting password or forgetting pattern lock.
Here are the steps to hard reset xiaomi through settings:
1.Open the Settings menu (Settings).
2.Then look for the Additional Settings menu.
3.After that select the Backup & Reset menu.
4. Then select the Reset phone menu at the bottom of the screen.
5. After you select Reset phone, there will be a warning that all songs, videos, photos, all application data will be deleted (except system applications).
6. If you are sure then press the Next button.
7. Then a warning will appear again that you have to make sure that you have backed up all important data on your cellphone. If you are sure to continue the process, press the OK button.
8. Wait for the hard reset process to 100%.
#2. Via Recovery Mode
If you do a hard reset with the aim of unlocking a Xiaomi cellphone that forgot the pattern or forgot the password, then recovery mode is the most appropriate choice.
Through recovery mode, you can reset your Xiaomi cellphone to factory settings without having to turn on and open the cellphone.
Please follow how to hard reset xiaomi through recovery mode below in order:
1. The first step, plug in the charger and turn off the cellphone.
2. If you have, press the physical Power + Volume Up button simultaneously and hold it down until the MI Logo appears.
3. After that, your cellphone will enter Recovery Mode and here there will be 3 options. Select Wipe Data. The way to move the menu options in recovery mode is to press the physical volume button (up, down) and press the physical button (power) to select it.
4. After that, 2 options will appear, namely Wipe All Data and Back to Main Menu. In this section select Wipe All Data and press Power again to continue.
5. The last step there will be a confirmation message Confirm Wipe of All Data.
6. Select Confirm to start the hard reset process.
Good luck and hopefully useful.