Internet Download Manager (IDM) has the feature of maximizing download speed. But sometimes there are several things you need to do so that the feature runs optimally. In this article, GadgetLogi will provide a guide on how to speed up download speeds on IDM without an application, without a proxy, and also without changing Regedit so that if you are a beginner or new to computers, you can still use this method.
Well, in this way you only need to adjust and maximize the settings that have been provided and recommended by IDM on their official website.
How? Want to know how? Read this article to the end, come on.
Causes of Slow IDM Downloads
There are several external factors that affect the download speed in IDM, namely: There are several external factors that affect the download speed in IDM, namely:
- The internet speed you are using. Download speed limits can come from the provider, signal strength and type of internet package.
- The speed of the file provider server that you download.
- The server distance of the file provider that you downloaded. If the server is located far away, on a different continent, for example, it will affect the download speed.
Well, after knowing these things. Now it’s time for you to follow the next few steps.
The first preparation is to make sure the IDM version you are using is the latest version. So that there are no bugs and errors that interfere with the download speed.
If you are still using the old version of IDM, please manually update your IDM to the latest version via the Help menu then select the Check for Updates option and click the Update Now button. To make it easier, don’t turn off the automatic update feature in IDM so you will get a notification if there is a new version of IDM update.
Check Maximum Download Speed
Before following how to speed up downloads on IDM, the thing you have to do is check the download speed of the internet connection you are using.
This is so that you know whether the download speed on the IDM that you are using is maximum or can it still be increased. So, how? To find out the maximum download speed of the internet connection you are using, use speedtest.net and select the test location closest to you. Don’t worry because usually the process of finding the fastest test server will run automatically.
- Go to https://www.speedtest.net/ then click the GO button and wait for the test to finish.
- After the test is complete, pay attention to the download speed results listed.
- To find out the maximum download speed on IDM, the trick is to divide the 8 download speeds.
- So if the download speed on speedtest.net that you get is 16 Mbps, then the maximum download speed that can be obtained by IDM is 16 divided by 8, which is 2 Mbps.