Update Expired WhatsApp : The WhatsApp application on your cellphone can’t be opened because the version has expired? don’t worry, the solution is very easy, namely by updating the whatsapp application on your cellphone to the latest version.
How to? Let’s see illustrated and video guides from GadgetLogi regarding 3 easy ways to update the WhatsApp application version on Android phones and iPhones.
If you are still using the old version of the WhatsApp application and you haven’t updated it for a very long time, then after 14 days WhatsApp will notify you when you open the WhatsApp application to immediately update the application.
If you don’t update the old version of the WA application after the specified time limit, you will not be able to enter the application.
Well, even though the WA application can’t be opened because it’s expired, sometimes it can be tricked by changing the date on the cellphone, but this method is not recommended by Gadgetlogy because of the importance of updating the WA application.
Before going into the guide on how to update WhatsApp, it’s a good idea to know in advance why updating WhatsApp is important.
Why Do You Need to Update the WhatsApp Application?
Did you know that updating the WhatsApp application is very important, here are the main reasons:
- To be able to get the latest features of WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp application has become more secure. Remember, whatsapp usually also contains important conversations and even contains private documents, photos and videos.
- WhatsApp application becomes lighter, smoother and more stable.
For example, on June 10, 2020 WhatsApp released an important update that allows the WhatsApp application to be used for group video calls and also group voice calls with up to 8 people. But on the condition that everyone must already have the latest version of the WhatsApp application.
Overview of WhatsApp Application Updates
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Will the WA update remove / delete chat and media (photos, videos, audio) in the WA application?
The answer is NO.
- Will the WA update remove you from all chat groups?
The answer is NO.
- Will the WA update make the cellphone slow / lag / slow?
The answer is NO. Because as long as WhatsApp provides updates for your cellphone through the Play Store or App Store, the version of the WhatsApp application is the most suitable for the specifications (processor, RAM) of your cellphone so that the WA application will run safely, smoothly, stable and lightweight for your cellphone. .
Well, now you can get into the steps. Please choose how to update WhatsApp according to your type of cellphone, yes.
Android Phone Via Google Play Store
The easiest way to update the WA application on Android is through the application update menu on the Google Play Store.
Here are the steps:
- First, open the Play Store application on your Android phone. Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Inside the Play Store app, press the Search button then type whatsapp and hit the Search button again.
- Wait for the WhatsApp application search process to complete.
- Next, select the type of WhatsApp application that you want to update, namely the WhatsApp Messenger application or the WhatsApp Business application.
- If there is an update to the latest version of the WhatsApp application, a green button will appear with the words Update to the right of the application name.
- Press the Update button to start the process of updating the old version of the WhatsApp application to the latest version.
- Please wait for the update process to finish because at this stage it is recommended that you do not open the WhatsApp application that is being updated
- If the Open button is green, the WA update process is complete and the latest version of the WhatsApp application is ready to be opened and used again.
Android phone without going through the Google Play Store
The advantage of updating the WhatsApp application without going through the Google Play Store is that you can send the WhatsApp APK to other people or even to your other cellphones so you can save quota.
We recommend that you do not download the WhatsApp APK on sites other than the official WhatsApp website, namely whatsapp.com so that the security of the WhatsApp APK is guaranteed and also free of viruses or malware.
Here are the steps.
- Open the web browser application then go to https://www.whatsapp.com/android/.
- After the official whatsapp update site has finished loading, please press the green DOWNLOAD NOW button in the middle of the page.
- After that, a confirmation message will appear about downloading the WhatsApp APK with the latest version. At this stage you can choose the storage area that you will use, it can be internal memory or external memory. To start the download process, press the OK button.
- Wait for the latest version of the WhatsApp APK download process to complete.
- If the download process is complete, open the WhatsApp.apk file that you downloaded and then press the INSTALL button.
- Please wait for the installation process to finish and do not open the old version of the WA application on your Android phone first.
- Done, your old version of the WhatsApp application has become the latest version and please open and use it again.
HP Iphone Via Apple App Store
You can’t download iPhone applications other than the Apple App Store, so there’s only one way to update WhatsApp on an iPhone, namely through the App Store.
Here are the steps on how to update WhatsApp on an iPhone:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone and press your profile photo in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After you enter the Account page, the next step is to refresh by scrolling down until the loading icon appears at the top of the screen.
- Then when the cellphone vibrates for a while, please release the scroll and wait for the refresh process to finish.
- Please scroll down and look for the WhatsApp application.
- If there is an update to the latest version of the WhatsApp application, a button will appear with the words Update to the right of the application name.
- Press the Update button to start the process of updating the old version of the WhatsApp application to the latest version. Please wait for the process to finish because at this stage it is recommended that you do not open the WhatsApp application that is being updated.
- After the WhatsApp update process is complete, the Update button will change to the Open button which indicates the WA application on your iPhone has been successfully updated to the latest version and is ready to be opened for reuse.