Totally Uninstall IDM : IDM or Internet Download Manager is one of the essential applications for Windows laptops. However, sometimes you need to delete the IDM application until it is 100% clean.
For example to move the IDM license to another laptop. It could also be because IDM on your laptop can’t be opened because a fake serial number error message appears and a counterfeit serial number error so it must be reinstalled and given the original license.
Uninstalling before updating IDM can also be used to ensure that the latest version of the IDM application installed does not contain errors or bugs from the previous version.
Well, so that the IDM application can be completely deleted from the laptop, you can use the steps on how to uninstall IDM which GadgetLogi will discuss in this article.
Want to know how? read this article to the end, yes.
Regular and Total Uninstall, What’s the Difference?
There are two kinds of uninstall methods available, namely by default (normal) and full (total).
Choice of Uninstall Method on IDM
Default means only deleting the IDM application so that the settings in the Registry and download history are still stored on your laptop.
Full means completely deleting the IDM application, Registry settings and download history.
Uninstalling with the default or full method will not delete the files that you have downloaded. So, you don’t have to worry about losing important files that have been downloaded.
Steps How to Totally Uninstall IDM
You can use this method on all types of Windows laptops starting from Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11.
This is because this method is an uninstall method that is officially provided by IDM.
- The first step, make sure the IDM application is not running so that an error message does not appear during the uninstall process.
- If the IDM application is still running, close it first by right-clicking the IDM icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) and then selecting the Exit option.
- After that, click the Start button in the lower left corner of your Windows laptop screen then type uninstall idm.
- In the search results, click the Uninstall IDM application.
- In the uninstall method option, select Full and then click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button to start the IDM uninstall process.
- Wait for the uninstall process to finish.
- After the uninstall is complete, click the OK button to restart your laptop as the last step to make sure IDM has been wiped clean.