Whether you’re flying long distances or relaxing in a cafe, Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless headphones give you the best noise canceling, even high and mid-frequency sound performance.
The technology behind noise canceling
Dual noise sensor technology with two microphones in each earcup captures ambient noise and transfers data to the HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1. With a new algorithm, the HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1 then applies real time noise canceling processing to a variety of acoustic environments. Together with the new Bluetooth Audio SoC (System on Chip), these headphones sense and adapt to music signals and noise, as well as acoustic characteristics between the driver unit and the ear, at more than 700 times per second.
Optimized noise canceling
Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless headphones combine two technologies to maximize noise canceling performance. The unique Atmospheric Pressure Optimizer provides optimal sound even at high altitudes while the Personal Noise Cancellation Optimizer analyzes the unique sonic characteristics of head size, glasses and hair and tailors the sound to you.
Ambient Sound Control
Adjust ambient sound with Sony | . app Headphones Connect to drown out sound while still listening to important sounds like transport announcements while on the move.
Wireless freedom, premium sound
LDAC transmits three times more data (maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH audio, so you can enjoy stunning High-Resolution Audio content quality close to that of a dedicated cable connection.
A voice you don’t need to doubt
The built-in analog amplifier in the HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1 delivers an unmatched signal-to-noise ratio for low distortion and outstanding sound quality for portable devices. With powerful 40mm drivers and a Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragm, these headphones perfectly handle loud bangs and can reproduce the full frequency range up to 40 kHz.
Real-time recovery of all your compressed files
Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence) co-developed with Sony Music Entertainment, DSEE Extreme (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) enhances compressed digital music files in real time. Dynamically recognize instrumentation, musical genres, and individual elements of each song, such as vocals or interludes, restoring high-range sounds lost during compression for a richer listening experience.
Speak-to-Chat, for convenience every day
As soon as you speak, Speak-to-Chat automatically stops the music and lets in ambient sound so you can carry on a conversation, this is useful when you want your headphones to stay on, or your hands are busy. Based on Precise Voice Pickup Technology, this smart feature uses five microphones built into the headphones and advanced audio signal processing to recognize and respond to sound. After your chat ends, your music automatically plays back.
Adaptive Voice Control automatically adapts to your location and behavior
Adaptive Voice Control is a smart function that can learn to recognize the locations you usually visit, such as your workplace or favorite cafe, and adjust the sound for the ideal listening experience. In addition, this function automatically detects what you are about to do – for example, walk, wait, or travel – and then adjusts the ambient sound settings to suit the situation.
Need to hear nearby sounds quickly? Simply place your hand on top of the housing to immediately lower the music volume and hear the ambient sound.
All day power and fast charging
The battery life is 30 hours, so there’s enough power available for long trips. If you can only charge briefly, with the optional AC adapter, in 10 minutes you can get power for a duration of 5 hours.
Get smarter with Voice Assistant
Plan your day with the help of an assistant. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more.
Sony | Headphones Connect App
With the Sony | . app Headphones Connect, Ambient Sound Control allows adjusting the screen volume and gives the option of only sounding speech being heard. While the Equalizer allows adjusting the sound level to suit the music.
For total convenience, the Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at once. So when a call comes in, the headphones know which device is ringing and automatically connect to the right device. You can also switch the headphones to any of the devices at the touch of a button.
Structure can be folded by turning
The earmuffs can be swiveled inwards so they can be neatly packed in a compact case.
Carrying case with cable
The included carrying case is durable and comes with a cable for wired listening.
- HEADPHONE TYPE: Dynamic, closed
- DRIVER UNIT : 40 mm, dome type (CCAW Voice coil)
- MAGNET: Neodymium
- DIAPHRAGM: LCP coated aluminum
- RESPONSE FREQUENCY : 4Hz-40,000Hz
- RESPONSE FREQUENCY (ACTIVE OPERATION): 4Hz-40,000Hz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (BLUETOOTH COMMUNICATION) : 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling) / 20 Hz – 40,000 Hz ( LDAC Sampling 96 kHz, 990 kbps)
- SENSITIVITY (DB/MW): 105dB/mW (1 kHz) (when connected via a headphone cable with the unit turned on), 101dB/mW (1 kHz) (when connected via a headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- CABLE TYPE: Single side (detachable)
- CABLE LENGTH : Headphone cable (approx. 1.2m, OFC strand, gold plated stereo mini connector)
- CONNECTORS : L-shaped stereo mini connector, gold plated
- STYLE OF USE: Circumaural
- NFC : Yes
- DSEE EXTREME : Yes
- PASSIVE OPERATION : Yes
- BATTERY CHARGING TIME : Approx. 3 Hours (Fully Charged)
- BATTERY CHARGING METHOD: USB
- BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME WITH INTERNAL MEMORY): Max. 30 hours(NC ON), Max. 38 hours(NC OFF)
- BATTERY LIFE (WAIT TIME): Max. 30 hours(NC ON), Max. 200 hours(NC OFF)
- BLUETOOTH VERSION : Version 5.0
- EFFECTIVE RANGE : Visibility approx. 30 ft (10 m)
- FREQUENCY RANGE : 2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz-2.4835GHz)
- PROFILES : A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMATS: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- SUPPORTED CONTENT PROTECTION : SCMS-T
- NOISE CANCELING ON/OFF BUTTON : Yes
- PERSONAL NC OPTIMIZER : Yes
- ATMOSPHERE PRESSURE OPTIMIZATION : Yes
- ABROAD SOUND MODE : Yes
- QUICK ATTENTION : Yes
What’s In The Box:
- 1 Unit WH-1000XM4
- Carrying Case
- Plug Adapter for Aircraft Use
- Headphone Cable (approx. 1.2m)
- USB Cable: Type-C (about 20 cm)
- User guide